What is Hypnobirthing?
Hypnobirthing (also known as Calm Birthing)is a natural approach to childbirth. Techniques learned will help you achieve a deep state of relaxation, allowing your body to birth your baby naturally, with minimal or no medical intervention. When having a baby with Hypnobirthing you are not in a trance, or asleep, you are deeply relaxed and in tune with your body during the birthing process. Hypnobirthing is based on the philosophy that when a woman is well informed for childbirth and releases all fears, she is able to allow her body to naturally birth her baby.
Whether you are planning for a drug-free, intervention-free, hospital or home birth, VBAC, Caesarean or Vaginal delivery, independent birth education will ensure:
- You are fully informed of the range of options available during your labour and birth.
- Awareness of the benefits of minimising fear and intervention during labour.
- Your birth partner understands and is prepared for their support role.
- You feel empowered to make positive choices that suit your needs.
Hypnobirthing Class Outline
There are four modules to each class.
- Create and Maintain a Positive Mindset
- Choices, Knowledge & Tools for an Empowered Birthing
- Preparing the Mind and Body for Birth
- The Birthing Experience
You will learn:
- What happens in birth (explained simply)
- How fear affects women in labour and how to use self hypnosis to relax and achieve a positive birth outcome
- Relaxation and visualisation techniques for birth
- Breathing techniques for labour & birth
- How to prepare your birth preferences
- How to prepare your mind and body for birth
- Strategies to avoid an induction and minimise medical intervention
Each couple also receives a folio of resources to prepare you and guide you when the big day arrives.
Group Classes ($595)
Held monthly over two days (weekend or consecutive Saturday/Sundays) in the Redlands
6-9 couples only
Private Classes ($850)
In the comfort of your home
One day intensive at your convenience
Refresher Classes ($395)
Join our second day of Group Hypnobirthing Classes or complete a personalised one-day intensive in the privacy of your own home.
NB. This is for couple that have completed Hypnobirthing with Beautiful Births for a previous birth.
If you’d like to find out more about Hypnobirthing please contact us for a complimentary consultation.